Puppy Love has been finding loving homes for puppies since 2013.
With Only Trusted Breeders, our Puppy Secretaries will guide you along the way.
We abide by the professional standards of our industry. But that is not good enough for our pups. We exceed those standards with our full year guarantee for health & wellness vs the standard of 30 days.
I am happy to lovingly direct 10% of the profits to support non- profit organizations dedicated to the care & safety of pups less fortunate than those you will see on this website. All puppies deserve to be loved.
As you search through the puppies on our website, I hope you like them all! But my wish is for you to find that special one - because PUPPY LOVE has the puppy for you.
Our Guarantees and Additional Information
Puppy Love has been matching puppies to their forever families since 2013. We are not breeders, but a full-service brokerage assisting buyers in making the right match for their needs. We only represent breeders meeting and exceeding strict guidelines set by federal, state and local regulations as well as our stringent requirements for the health and handling of the puppies. We do not tolerate puppy mills and will never do business with or represent such breeders. We regularly check on the safe and healthy conditions of the puppies and their environments to their destination in their forever homes.
We are licensed and regulated under the federal Animal Welfare Act for the transportation of puppies. We adhere to all federal and Pennsylvania state laws regarding puppy health guarantees. We retain the right to refuse sales into suspicious or unhealthy situations. Ultimately, purchases are a business transaction between the breeder and buyer. Puppy Love is here to make a smooth transition for all parties. Once the buyer has received the new puppy into their home, Puppy Love has completed legal obligations to both breeder and buyer. Puppy Love provides full information for procedures to be taken should the buyer find it necessary to contact the breeder in the future for any unforeseen issues covered under Puppy Lemon Laws and Health Guarantees.
Our Genetic Health Guarantee is an agreement between us and the buyer. Please download it and fill it out for our in person meeting.Download The Health Guarantee
The provisions of this Pennsylvania Chapter 309 issued under section 9.3(g)(1) of the Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law (73 P. S. § 201-9.3(g)(1)), unless otherwise noted.
(1) A seller shall provide you with a health record for the dog at the time of sale. The health record must contain information as required by the law (73 P. S. § 201-9.3(a)(1)).
(2) The seller shall provide a health certificate issued by a veterinarian within 21 days prior to the date of sale or a guarantee of good health issued and signed by the seller. The health certificate and the guarantee of good health must contain information as required by the law. 73 P. S. § 201-9.3(a)(2)(i); 73 P. S. § 201-9.3(a)(2)(ii).
(3) To preserve your rights under the law, you must take your newly purchased dog to a licensed veterinarian for examination within 10 days of purchase. If a veterinarian determines, within 10 days of purchase, that your dog is clinically ill or has died from an injury sustained or illness likely to have been contracted on or before the date of sale and delivery, you have the following options:
(i) Return the dog for a complete refund;
(ii) Return the dog for a replacement dog of equal value; or
(iii) Retain the dog and receive reimbursement for reasonable veterinary fees, not exceeding the purchase price. These options do not apply where a seller, who has provided a health certificate issued by a veterinarian, discloses in writing at the time of sale the health problem for which the buyer later seeks to return the dog.
(4) If, within 30 days of purchase, a licensed veterinarian determines that your dog has a congenital or hereditary defect which adversely affects the animal’s health or that your dog died from a congenital or hereditary defect, you have the same options as outlined in section 3.
(5) Within 2 business days of a veterinarian’s certification of your dog’s illness, defect or death, you must notify, in writing, the seller of the name, address and telephone number of the examining veterinarian. Such notice shall be effective upon depositing the same in the United States mail or upon other service which provides the seller the required information. Failure to notify the seller within 2 business days will result in forfeiture of rights.
(6) Refunds or reimbursements shall be made no later than 14 days after the seller receives the veterinarian certification. Veterinarian certification shall be presented to the seller not later than 5 days after you receive it.
(7) Registerable Dogs—If the seller does not provide within 120 days all documentation to effect registration, you may exercise one of the following options:
(i) Return the dog and receive a full refund of the purchase price; or
(ii) Retain the dog and receive a 50% refund of the purchase price.
(8) If registerable, the seller shall provide at the time of sale: the breeder’s name and address, the name and registration number of the dam and sire, and the name and address of the pedigree registry organization where the dam and sire are registered.
For further information concerning your rights under section 9.3 of the Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law, contact: Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General, Consumer Protection Hotline (800) 441-2555, www.attorneygeneral.gov. For more information on Pennsylvania's "Puppy Lemon Law", go to http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/037/chapter309/chap309toc.html. To file a complaint, visit the Office of the Attorney General, Bureau of Consumer Protection.